Nov 22, 2009

You Gotta Doubt Your Doubts

Joshua 1:5 "No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you."

Joshua is one of my favorite books in the Bible. This is where God brought me when He spoke to me about Marseille. He knew that, along with His call on my life, the attack of the enemy would come. He knew that I would be faced with fear & doubt, that obstacles would arise. He was right & I am grateful for His word. The journey that this next chapter of life brings me has really just begun & already the devil is there to attempt to derail me. He is already at work trying to discourage me & entangle me with fear & doubt...

"You can't do this." "There is no way you can raise support in this economy." "You need how much money?! Are you crazy?!" "You're going to fail." "What will people think of you when you have to quit because you were wrong?"

These are just a few of the things the devil has thrown at me in the past few days. It's okay though. I know how he works. He hasn't really changed his strategy much over the years. We see the debut of his game plan in the garden when he lies to Eve about the fruit. He plants a seed of doubt in her & tells her God is a liar. Throughout history, this has been his modus operandi. He is so confident in his approach that he even tried it against Jesus in the wilderness. What did Jesus do though? He pulled out the word of God & went right back at the devil! Our victory lies within the word of God. The life we are called to is a life of faith & we can't have faith apart from God's word. Romans 10:17 says "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ". Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart". *** At this point, I'm just preaching to myself, so you can stop reading if you like *** Isaiah 54:17 says "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their vindication is from Me, declares the LORD". Romans 8:37 says "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us".

Wow, I feel good! When God's word is coursing through your veins, the devil's lies don't hold much weight. One of my all-time favorite messages on this is by Pastor Rick Shelton, a Pastor in our movement. You can listen to it here. Stay strong!

In Christ,
~Clint James

“On earth as it is in heaven” ~Jesus Christ

No comments: